This privacy notice applies to the personal data of consumers that is collected or used by Astera LED Technology GmbH or its affiliates or subsidiaries (Astera). Astera appreciates the interest you have shown in our company, products and services by visiting our websites, www.Astera-led.com or related communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media pages and/or channels and blogs (together « Astera pages »). This privacy notice applies to all the personal data that Astera collects when you interact with Astera, such as when you visit our websites, when you use the products or services offered by Astera, when you purchase Astera products or services, when you subscribe to newsletters, when you contact customer support, and when you interact with Astera as a business customer, distributor, supplier or business partner, etc.
This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collections of all types of personal data.
Why we ask you to share your Personal Data
We ask you to share your personal data with us for purposes that include, but are not limited to:
• Buying Astera products and services online;
• Activating or registering certain products and services or enhancing functionality;
• Receiving information about Astera products and services;
• Participating in Astera online communities, including our social media channels/pages and blogs;
• Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from Astera;
• Helping us to develop products and services and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimize customer services and continuously improve our websites;
• Helping us to improve products and services, and allowing Astera to keep you informed of, or involve you in the testing of, new products and services;
• Resolving consumer and/or product and services issues;
• Receiving personalized messages, special offers and advertisements that are relevant to your personal interests, based on the information you have shared with us and on the information we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your use of the Astera websites/social media/blogs.
When you deal with Astera on behalf of a business customer, supplier, or business partner, we ask you to provide us with personal data for purposes.
If we use it for other purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
Type of Personal Data we may collect
When you interact with Astera, for instance by purchasing a product or interacting with Astera via our Astera pages, e.g. « like us on Facebook », we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
• Your name;
• Your email address;
• Your telephone number;
• Your social media profile;
• Your gender;
• Your age;
• Information about the products and services you have purchased;
• Your usage of and activities on our Astera pages;
• Your interests; and
• Other information related to your online behaviour.
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, and your settings on our Astera pages, certain personal data may be shared with Astera about your online activities and social media profiles, e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted, etc.
In addition, we may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques, including, but not limited to:
• Your IP address;
• Your cookie ID;
• Your web browser;
• Your location;
• The web pages you visit on our websites;
• The advertisements you’ve viewed or clicked through;
When you interact with Astera on behalf of a business customer, supplier or business partner of Astera, we may collect:
• Your name
• Your email address
• Your telephone number
• Your picture
• Your IP address
• [personal details that may come up in the scope of the business relationship, e.g. your hobbies, age)
Different ways we collect your Personal Data
You can share your personal data with Astera in several ways, including, but not limited to:
• Your communications with Astera. These can be product- or service-related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests that you addressed to us;
• Communicating with one of our Astera Customer Care representatives by email, phone or in writing;
• Ordering a product or service;
• Participating in a promotion, game or competition;
• Participating in a social media activity related to a Astera promotion, e.g. clicking « like » or « share »;
• Subscribing to a Astera newsletter;
• Voluntarily participating in product testing or surveys;
• Social sign-on, e.g. using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials to create an account or log on;
• Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
• Social Listening: Astera may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
When you interact with Astera on behalf of a business customer, supplier or business partner:
• Communications with Astera
• Developing partnerships
• When accessing Astera facilities or systems
• Participating in fairs, events or promotions
• Voluntarily participating in testing or surveys
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners and other third parties, in accordance with applicable law.
For example, Astera may sell you a product or offer you a service in a joint marketing effort with another company (distributor). The agreements with these distributors/dealers will limit the purposes for which your personal data can be used and disclosed, and will require your personal data to be adequately safeguarded. We will let you know that such a relationship exists and who these companies are prior to processing your data for such joint marketing efforts.
Astera may also disclose your data to other companies such as IT and communications service providers, testing companies, data management support partners and other parties bearing a necessary relationship for Astera to provide its services.
When you interact with Astera as a business customer, supplier or business partner, Astera may disclose personal data available in reports and other materials provided by you and/or your company pursuant to an engagement with another business partner and/or a supplier.
If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal data.
Astera will disclose personal data only in conformance with this privacy notice and/or when required by law.
We want to know you better so that we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred from your home country to other Astera companies in different locations around the world, which may communicate with you about Astera products, services or special offers that you may be interested in. If local law requires it, we will ask for prior consent to transfer your personal data outside of your geographic region.
If you do not want us to send you personalized offers or information, you can let us know by selecting « opt-out » on emails you receive.
Where local law requires it, we will ask you to « opt-in » or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, where local law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them. Similarly, where local law so requires, we will ask you to « opt-in » before using sophisticated profiling techniques.
Do not track signals
Astera takes privacy and security very seriously, and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. Astera utilizes cookies to help you to get the most out of the Astera pages.
Please be aware that Astera currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s Do Not Track signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
On the Astera pages, Flash cookies are also used. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting the Adobe website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the Astera pages), certain personal data may be shared with Astera about your online activities and social media profiles, e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photos, comments and content you have posted/shared, etc.
Linking to other websites
During your online journey across Astera websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Astera, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-Astera-owned or managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
Astera may store your personal data in a cloud. This means that your personal data may be processed on behalf of Astera by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. Astera makes use of organizational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar but in no way less restrictive requirements on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
How we protect your personal data
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to Astera from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. Astera uses a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data.
Changes to this privacy notice
The services that Astera provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the services that Astera provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this privacy notice, and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new privacy notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the Astera pages. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
D-1 at the @LDI Booth #1914 with - Get ready for some thrills and make sure not to miss out! #100PercentWireless #InnerCircleDistribution #LasVegas #Booth1914 #NotAWire #AX1 #PixelTube #AX5 #PerfectPAR